12.30.14 / NOLA.COM
Lloyd Miller, in partnership with the owners of Molly's at the Market and 13 Monaghan, opened Junction on Dec. 26. Here's six things to know about the new bar and burger joint:
- The burgers have a train theme, like the City of New Orleans with fried green tomatoes, remoulade and greens or the Carolina Southern with fried pickles, white cheddar and ranch. More importantly, they're all made with grass-fed beef from St. Amant.
- Wings, salads, fried vegetables and pickled eggs round out the menu.
- The 40 taps pour craft beer from Louisiana and beyond.
- To ensure that the neighbors come back, Miller kept the prices low. The burgers are $9 and all Louisiana beers are $5.
- The art deco decor was picked to complement the long, low room.
- Junction took over the old A&N Grocery. The convenience store's cooler was salvaged and now stores cold beer.
Junction opens daily from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. The kitchen closes at 1 a.m.
Junction: 3021 St. Claude Ave., New Orleans